Main Mouse

Main Mouse
Parade Magic!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Remiss

Hello!  I have been seriously remiss in talking about Disney, and that needs to change.

What has happened since last April?

I took a solo trip to WDW in early May, a very wet, three day long weekend.  I did the behind the scenes tour in Magic Kingdom in the pouring rain (still good stuff), attempted all the thrill rides (I hopped to all four parks), that no one else in my family wants to try, and wandered and soaked (both rain and magic) in.  It was a lovely trip but turns out that I do like to share with my family this goofy, fun time.  The term "poncho up" and keep going was apt and necessary.

The kids and I went to Disneyland in late June, 2014 for a whirlwind three day, two night trip.  It was awesome, crazed and very, very full.

Just my son and I went for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in WDW to celebrate his birthday.  One night only and boom!  Back to Texas and school the very next day.

Please remember, the key to all of this, that although I live in Texas, I am a flight attendant, and my family and I fly for free, space available.

I was truly thinking that perhaps I had gotten some of this Disney stuff out of my system, and yet, not so much.  I listened to my children on my iPhone the other day, and they were watching old time Mickey videos in the back seat.  Laughing.  I was laughing too.

Yes, it is expensive.  It is.  Turns out that it can be done relatively budget though (or not, goodness knows, the price ranges for the add-ons such as lodging and food run from to bearable to seriously high).

My son's one day trip?  Less then a birthday party thrown here in Texas.  Free flight, value hotel, and party tickets, which run approximately 60% of a full day ticket, and it was very inexpensive.  The party lets you in at 4pm, and you get to stay until midnight, and that is about the amount of hours we would stay anyway, so it was perfect.

So.

I will write some more about all things Disney.  I have no trips on the horizon, though I feel pretty certain, that we aren't done with the mouse by any means.  I have not done Universal (in a couple of years, I think we will be ready for that, but not yet), but I don't like Six Flags.  Not even close to the immersed, magical experience.  Sea World is ok but we had season passes once from my company, and we used those things UP.  It got to the point where we would have a routine, feed some animals, diving show and water park.  No real need to go back.

Disney?  I want to go back.  I do need to give it a rest, as four trips in 12 months is extreme.  I will try to stay away during the summer.  We shall see how that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment